The Twelve Dancing Social Media Influencers”

“Brittany, Joey, Court, Emilie, Olivia, Madisyn, Natalie, Kate, Megan, Margot, Tiffany, and of course, founder Montana Holt decided to combine their alluring forces of great hair, mediocre dance, and over 100 million combined TikTok followers, to create their new business endeavor The Groove House

The tabloids were buzzing. The 12 biggest names in Tiktok dancing had all decided to move in together, in order to increase their output of entrancing TikTok dances. The news editors of the Daily Mail, Seventeen Magazine, and Enews were all foaming at the mouth attempting to ascertain the latest information on the girl group. This was the biggest news they had printed in months. Ever since Montana Holt swore off dating when her Soundcloud rapper turned Lamborghini YouTuber boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend Tiffany (and then she in turn dropped a diss track, and revealed that she actually cheated on him first with his brother). But unfortunately, she and Tiffany talked it out on their podcast. There was no longer any ill will between them, and there had been no printable news since.

Reporter after reporter reached out to the twelve girls for comments, gossip, or any sort of information about the inner workings of the house, but again and again, they were shot down. A particularly pernicious journalist at the less prominent TeenNewsDaily was feeling like his job was on the chopping block. So in order to save it, he decided to get the scoop of the century. He took all his savings and bought hair plugs, 100,000 TikTok followers under the name Johhny Jones, and a bottle of fake tan. He was going undercover! After one week of successful social media influencing, he had a successful DM conversation with influencer Noah Hall, and he got an invite to the exclusive Boost housewarming party. He was in!

He put on his most Y2K outfit and set out ready to do some serious investigative work. Mr. Jones attempted to converse with the first of the girls, Olivia Fox, but his questions got him nowhere, every attempt at conversation was met with a feminine giggle. After Olivia walked off to go fix her mascara, the reporter looked around to try to thank Noah Hall for the invite, and see if he could wrangle any information out of him, but he was engaged in filming a dance battle with his girlfriend Joey May. Mr. Jones spun in a circle, his vision began to blur. He could no longer tell who was who! He couldn’t hear anything over the sound of hundreds of Tiktok audios replaying again and again. The last thing he saw before his mind went blank, was Montana Holt’s famously shiny blown-out hair inches from his face.

TeenNewsDaily never did publish their exposé on The Boost House. Although a newly hired reporter is working on an even more promising piece titled “The Mysterious Rise of Johhny Jones, Overnight Tiktok Sensation”

Moral

Tiktok and insta breed in the vapid

For, fame and stardom build up quite rapid

Their beauty allures a wide base of fans

Getting dough and attention is their plans

But people who dance for glory online

Are actually often quite asinine

3 thoughts on “The Twelve Dancing Social Media Influencers”

1. This was very funny, and I loved the moral format. I think the best part of the writing here is at the end of the first paragraph, where the news outlets are upset that people have hashed out their differences because they won’t have any way to make money if there’s no drama. The whole thing felt shallow in just the best way, and you conveyed your point very effectively.

2. This was very goofy and I loved it. I’m so glad that you added a moral too – it was a silly juxtaposition to the modernity of TikTok and your story more generally. I don’t know if this makes sense – but this reminds me of the Barbie’s Dream House TV show that is on Netflix. The voice you use in this post is very early 2000s, and I love it.

3. I thought this was super creative and very amusing. I really enjoyed your style of writing in this piece, I think it was really effective and added to the humor. And I agree with Julia’s comment above, it really does remind me of the voice in Barbie’s Dreamhouse!